Pick up a piece of fine china, and the first thing you'll do after admiring the face is turn it over to inspect the bottom and insignia. It's no different with turned bowls, and turners work hard to make the bottom as beautiful as the top. But chucking a finished bowl face down on the lathe without damaging it has always been a challenge - not with the Longworth Style Chuck. Simply rotate the plates, tighten down the buttons, and you're ready to turn.
- Eliminates the time and inconvenience of installing, adjusting and readjusting ordinary rechucking jaws.
- Capable of holding projects in compression or expansion mode (from the inside or outside of the rim of your turning project).
- Buttons close in concentrically, making it easy to center your project.
- Soft silicone buttons have increased length for better grip and expansion capabilities.
- Buttons expand when the wing nut is tightened, and will not mark or deform your turned piece.
- Includes 8 buttons. Replacement packs of buttons with hardware are available separately (47455).
- No assembly required.
- 1/4" phenolic discs are extremely durable, stable, and spin in opposing directions with almost no resistance.
- The back side of the Longworth Style Chuck has a steel disk approximately 3/8" thick for mounting.
- The disk is easily gripped by any brand of 4-jaw scroll chuck with the standard 50mm #2 jaws.
- Straight jaws may be used, but dovetail jaws provide a better hold.
- The dovetail groove accommodates Nova chucks and Vicmarc chucks as well as OneWay type straight jaws.
- Recommended maximum RPM is 600.
- Intended for light finishing cuts only. Note for heavy stock removal.
- Note: Best practice for safety dictates that you engage the tailstock whenever possible. Remove the tailstock only when finishing the last bit in the very center, and for finish sanding.
- Capacity in compression mode: 4-1/2" to 14" in diameter.
- Capacity in expansion mode: 5-3/4" to 15-1/2" in diameter.