Plus, with our online Shutter Design Wizard, you'll get a FREE Downloadable Plan for creating custom shutters, complete with detailed technical drawings, cross-section diagrams, elevations, and lists of all the supplies you need to complete your project! Before entering your dimensions into the design wizard, consult the Measuring Guide to determine your final shutter panel dimensions.
Featuring Hidden Control Arm Functionality! Rear-mounted control arms lend a clean, modern look to your wooden shutters, and this jig (45143, sold separately) makes it easy to drill the necessary holes without splitting. The kit includes a jig and a self-centering drill bit. Just slip the jig over the end of the louver, and use the bit to drill a perfectly placed pilot hole to accept a nail for the control arm. In addition to the Louver Template Set and Hidden Control Arm Jig, you will need a Hidden Control Arm (49991, sold separately) and for added convenience, Stainless Steel Nails (45400, sold separately).
- Easy, do-it-yourself jigs and templates for creating movable or fixed plantation-style shutters
- Save up to 75% over the cost of custom ordered shutters
- Heavy acrylic templates and aluminum fences
- Jigs make it a fool-proof process for drilling louver and control arm holes
- Includes three self-centering bits for drilling shutter pin holes and control arm holes
- Stile jig/template measures 1-5/8"H x 3-1/2"W x 20"L
- Shutter louver jig measures 2-3/4" H x 1-3/4" W x 5-3/4" L
- Drill bits have self-centering tips that fit perfectly into specific shutter template mounting holes
- A spring-loaded guide in the drill bits retract as pressure is applied and the drill bit advances
- Drill bits have a 1/4" hex power bit shank
- 1/4" drill bit measures 4"L
- 3/32" drill bit measures 3-3/4"L
- 9/64" drill bit measures 4-1/8"L
- Hidden Control Arm Jig: Drilling Jig for Hidden Shutter Control Arm features an extruded aluminum fence and a thick, laser-cut acrylic template. Self-centering drill bit ensures precise hole location, which is critical for even spacing of your louvers. Includes complete step-by-step instructions.
- 2-1/2" Hidden Control Arm will control 28 louvers. 54-5/16" long. Cut to length.
- Patent Pending
- 2-1/2'' Louver Template Set for Movable or Fixed Shutters (44342): One stile jig, one louver jig, one 3/32'' shutter drilling bit, one 1/4'' shutter drilling bit, one 9/64'' shutter drilling bit, and two 1/4'' index pins
1 Review(s)View All
Overall a good kitPosted January 7, 2014
1.) length to cut the slats relative to the opening between the stiles (clearance),
2.) dimensions of the rabbet on the slat corners for the hidden linkage nails
3.) Where to use the two different types of shutter pins spring/plain