Robert Sorby 830H 1/8" Parting Tool:
- Used to part the finished project off from the waste material
- Parallel sides make for a rigid tool that handles well.
- The 1/8" size reduces the amount of waste, vital if the timber is an expensive, exotic one.
- Also makes for a fine detailing tool, e.g. beads and fillets.
- Overall length: 13-3/4"
- Handle length: 8-7/8"
- Blade length: 4-7/8"
- Blade width: 1/8" x 1/2"
Robert Sorby 840H 3/8" Spindle Gouge:
- This is a detailing tool used on between-center work, where the grain is running parallel to the bed bars.
- Used to create coves, beads and other profiles on goblets, vases and egg cups.
- Overall length: 16-1/2"
- Handle length: 10-1/8"
- Blade length: 6-3/8"
- Blade width: 3/8"
Robert Sorby 843H 3/4" Roughing Gouge:
- Recommended for initial turning of uneven or square stock to round.
- Shape enables the tool to cut safely with the wings (the name given to the tips of the side walls) well back from the workpiece.
- Not for use on bowl grain projects.
- Overall length: 18-3/4"
- Handle length: 6-5/8"
- Blade length: 12-1/8"
- Blade width: 1" x 5/8"