- Texture: Fine or medium to coarse, and uniform.
- Luster: Highly lustrous.
- Movement: Mahogany is considered to be one of the most stable timbers.
- Durability: High durability, resistant to brown-rot and white rot fungi. Moderately resistant to dry-wood termite attack.
- Weathering Properties: Very good - a great choice for boat building.
- Planing: The wood is easy to plane, but figured grain may chip and tear.
- Turning: Easy - turned surfaces are usually clean.
- Polishing characteristics: Good.
- Steam Bending: Fairly good.
- Strength: Variable, but generally high bending strength and medium crushing strength. Hardness and weight are moderate, and density is high.
4 Review(s)View All
The piece I ordered was square...Posted December 21, 2011
This is my first experience with...Posted April 10, 2008
I assumed at this price the...Posted August 18, 2009