Due to high demand and limited supply, we cannot always guarantee that this item will be in stock. Turning Blanks come rough sawn to nominal thickness and are coated with wax.
- Botanical Name: Bulnesia Sarmientoi.
- Native to: South America, Argentina, Paraguay.
- Heartwood: Greenish brown. Exhibits remarkable color changes, darkening quickly after cutting. It is also reported to sometimes turn bright green with exposure to sunlight.
- Sapwood: Pale yellow.
- Texture: Very fine and oily.
- Working Characteristics: With sharp tools and patience, it turns well. Aside from turning, however, it is very difficult to work. High resin content makes it difficult to glue.
- Polish: Abundant natural oils make for a bright, easy polish.
- Strength: Extremely hard, heavy and dense.
|Length||12", 18", 3"|
|Width||1", 1-1/2", 2", 5", 6"|
|Thickness||1", 1-1/2", 2", 3"|
|Species||Argentine Lignum Vitae|
4 Review(s)View All
Great product! I've ordered several times...Posted July 21, 2011
After one piece, it's my new...Posted September 21, 2008
I just got my first piece...Posted September 18, 2008