Written by a well-known maker of Craftsman-style furniture and a woodworking journalist, this book will enlighten you about the design and construction of both historical and contemporary Craftsman furniture.
- Nearly 500 color photos of examples of the Arts & Crafts style
- A comprehensive look at the design and construction of furniture from classic to modern; covering the entire movement: American, British, Continental
- Information not only about the obvious personalities but also about other significant designers and makers, including contemporary individuals and firms making this type of furniture
- An extensive list of Arts & Crafts resources and a full bibliography
- Hardcover, 9-1/4 x 10-7/8 in., 240 pages, with color photos and drawings
- Published 2003, ISBN 1-56158-359-6, # 070491
Kevin Rodel, one of the foremost makers of hand-crafted craftsman furniture, has been making custom furniture in Maine since 1978. He and his wife, Susan Mack, have been operating their own custom furniture business, Mack and Rodel since 1986. Their work has been featured in woodworking magazines and books on Craftsman interiors. Kevin Rodel has contributed articles on craftsman style and techniques to Fine Woodworking and Home Furniture. Jonathan Binzen is a writer and photographer specializing in furniture and architecture. A former senior editor at Fine Woodworking magazine, he writes for such publications as This Old House and American Craft. After studying literature, art, and architecture as an undergraduate at Harvard, he worked as a cabinetmaker and a teacher of woodworking.
|Manufacturer Part Number||70491|
|Author||Jonathan Binzen, Kevin Rodel|