At last! Stringed Instrument Lacquer in an easy-to-use aerosol can. An exact copy of Behlen's brush-on Stringed Instrument Lacquer, this lacquer is formulated specifically as a high quality finish for thin, flexible tone-woods such as those used on stringed instruments. It is flexible by nature, so it can withstand the expansion and contraction that is characteristic of stringed instruments. Vinyl Sealer (48345, sold separately) is also flexible, and is the only sealer that should be used under Stringed Instrument Lacquer. This combination yields great sound and empowers luthiers to finish their handiwork with confidence. Also available from Rockler, the Behlen Sunburst Guitar Finish Kit.
- Formulated specifically for stringed instruments.
- Rubs out to a beautiful high-gloss finish.
- Resists cold checking.
- For best results, use Vinyl Sealer (48345, sold separately) as a base coat.
- Dry time before handling and recoating: 1-2 hours (at 72°F and 35% relative humidity).
- Dry time before rubbing out: 1-4 weeks (at 72°F and 35% relative humidity).
- Coverage: 7 to 10 square feet per can.
- Package life: 3 years.
- Use approximately 4 cans for 1 acoustic guitar (9-12 coats recommended).