- Native to: Prevalent in North Queensland, Australia. Native to rainforests of Australia and Southeast Asia.
- Tree: A tall, attractive palm, growing up to about 60' tall, with a 12' canopy. Trunk is smooth and closely ringed, and becomes nearly black as the palm ages.
- Color: Dark wood, streaked with blacks and browns. Sometimes the flecks are closely-spaced resulting in an almost black appearance. End grain is speckled and resembles lizard skin or hammered leather. End grain has a dramatic look when used as inlay.
- Working Characteristics: Turns very well.
- Scientific name: Borassus flabellife
Note: Due to high demand and limited supply, we cannot always guarantee that this item will be in stock.
2 Review(s)View All
Very good quality, straight and great...Posted September 11, 2013
I purchased 1/8 x 3 x...Posted December 27, 2012