- Tree: Often reaches a height of over 100 feet, with trunk diameters of 36 inches.
- Sapwood: Whitish.
- Heartwood: Medium red-brown or red to reddish-brown with light red/purple veins.
- Grain: Straight or interlocked.
- Texture: Even grain ranging from fine to very fine.
- Luster: Very lustrous.
- Odor: Emits a pungent odor when freshly cut.
- Movement: Dimensionally stable. Retains its shape well after machining.
- Natural Durability: Naturally resistant to decay and termite attack.
- Cutting Resistance: Bubinga can be readily sawn, but due to its density, a slow feed rate is advised.
- Working characteristics: Responds well to both machine and hand tools, but cutting edges must be kept sharp.
- Polishing: Takes an excellent polish.
- Strength: The wood is extremely strong, with high bending and crushing strength.
5 Review(s)View All
Nice figure, good quality wood. I...Posted February 9, 2012
Beautiful grain and color, straight and...Posted November 22, 2010
I bought a board of this...Posted September 5, 2008