Trusted by generations of woodworkers, shellac is a traditional, quick-drying finish that is ideal for antiques and fine furniture. It is durable, non-yellowing and imparts a warm glow to all wood surfaces. Also works great for sealing wood, knots and drywall prior to applying paint. All-natural and non-toxic, this shellac is safe for use with children's toys. Blocks all odors. Amber or Clear.
- Will adhere to glass and ceramic.
- For best results, thin to a 2 lb. cut (2 parts denatured alcohol, 5 parts shellac).
- May be tinted by adding up to 1.5 oz. per quart.
- Apply several thin coats with brush, pad or lint-free wiping cloth.
- 1 quart covers approximately 100-150 sq. ft., depending on porosity.
- Dries to touch in 30 minutes.
- Let dry 1 hour before sanding with 220 grit or finer sandpaper.
- Allow subsequent coats to dry at least 1 hour before sanding.
- Cleanup with denatured alcohol or household ammonia and water.
- This product is not dewaxed.
- Not recommended as a sealer under polyurethane.
Please note that this item can be shipped only by UPS Ground to addresses within the continental United States.
- How to Keep Bark on Your Wood Projects with Glue, Shellac and Wood Choice
- How to Seal a Toy Project with Shellac, Paste Wax, and Acrylic Paint
- How to Get a Shiny Finish with Lacquer, Shellac, Varnish or Polyurethane
- Ian Kirby Woodworking Design: Wood Finishing with Shellac and Beeswax
- Applying Shellac - The Basics