In order to utilize the Carter Hollow Roller Turning System with your lathe, a mounting stud is required (See "More Info" for details).
- Hollow vessels and bowls quickly and accurately
- Safer than traditional non-captive hollowing systems
- Quick-lock tool handle fits most aftermarket gouges and scrapers
- Quickly and easily removed and re-installed
- Heavy-gauge construction dampens vibration
- Perfect for beginner or experienced turners
- Functional for all size lathes from mini's to full size
- Made in USA
- 45036 - Mounting Stud
Works with Delta 46-700/701, General 260, Jet 1236, Jet 1442, Jet 1642, Nova 1500, Nova 3000, Oneway 1224, Oneway 1640 and most lathes with a 1" tool rest post
- 47912 - Mounting Stud
Works with Delta Midi, Jet Mini 1014, Jet Midi 1220, Nova Mercury, Rikon Mini, and most Mini and Midi lathes with a 5/8" tool rest post
|Manufacturer Part Number||DL-HR1000|
- One Hollow Roller™ Torque Arrestor tool rest
- One Auxiliary Height Adjustable Tool Rest
- One Carter Artisan Series 175 Quick Lock Tool Handle
- One Hollow Roller™ Boring Bar
- One High Speed Steel Scraper Bit
2 Review(s)View All
This thing works exactly as advertised!...Posted July 12, 2013
Greatly speeds the processPosted November 5, 2014
Sharpening the small cutter is difficult. Rockler would do us a favor by carrying the sharpening jig, although a jig can be easily made by drilling a slightly undersized hole in a small hardwood block and jam fitting a split dowel.
I also have the laser guide and that speeds the process even more as it eliminates the constant stop and check business. I think i will love it until I improperly set it and blow out a side. The whole assembly is heavy and awkward looking but fully supported in the jig. It takes a bit more force to move and adds inertia, but practice compensates for it quickly.
I gave four stars only because the front support locking system is not highly engineered (a plate and a bolt) and has to be messed with to get it into alignment. I'm thinking of attaching a centering block on the bottom plate with a pass-through hole for the bolt (you're welcome, Carter).