When used with most power tools and shop vacuums, the Dust Right® Separator captures sawdust, wood chips, and other debris before it enters your vacuum, preventing the loss of suction power caused by a clogged vacuum filter. The five-caster base makes it exceptionally stable and easy to maneuver around the shop. Plus, hoses connect inside the in/out ports, preventing unintentional disconnections. Includes a 36'' flexform hose that connects the Dust Right® Separator to any vacuum with a standard 2-1/4'' ID inlet port.
- The Dust Right® Separator creates a cyclonic air flow that causes most wood dust particles and other materials that are heavier than air to separate, preventing them from being passed to the vacuum
- The vortex effect that is created prevents the loss of suction caused by prematurely clogged filters
- 10-gallon translucent bucket is easy to empty and easy to tell when it's full
- Holds twice the capacity of competitors' products
- Not intended for fine airborne dust such as drywall dust
- Maximum performance can be expected when using the Dust Right® Separator in woodworking or general shop cleaning applications
- Shop vac not included
- Rockler Produces Dust Right Dust Separator to Keep Shop Vacs Clean
- Rockler DustRight Vacuum System Adds Dust Collection Airflow, Accessories
- Guest Blogger Renaissance Woodworker on the Dust Right System
- Remarkable Rockler Reviews: Dust Right is Doin' it Right!
- Dust Right - A New Answer for Small Shops
- How to Improve Your Home Workshop's Dust Control and Collection System
- Getting Started with Dust Collection
- Dealing with Fine Wood Dust
- Dust Collection System Design and Equipment
- Dust Collection: Solutions for Special Challenges
- Dealing with Fine Woodshop Dust: Personal Respiratory Protection
- Dust Collection: Add a Stage to Improve Performance
- Dust collection: Finding the solution that's right for you
(1) Dust Right® Separator
119 Review(s)View All
Great for the pricePosted January 26, 2015
Took about 5 minutes to put it together and was up and running. You can push the casters into the base, but an old screwdriver or something similar and a hammer makes knocking them in quick and easy.
Caught loads of shavings when planing which is great. Saves the shop vac and makes dumping the shavings easier, too. Hopefully I'll be able to start saving them all when we move and donate to Humane Society or other local animal charity (if you don't do this already, consider it if you have the room. A big 55-gallon drum full of fresh shavings from your planer might help them out and it's probably trash to most of us.)
Very happy with this collector for the price. When I can set up a more permanent shop I will look for a more permanent solution, but for a garage this is PERFECT. You won't go wrong with the purchase.
A good productPosted January 26, 2015
Great productPosted January 15, 2015
Assembly was pretty simple. Screw the ducting together through the lid. Attach the casters (use an old screw driver and a hammer to easily tap them into the base) Attach the top and bottom and you're ready to SUCK! :)