- Native To: Southern India and Java.
- Color: Purple-brown heartwood with darker streaks.Heartwood is clearly demarcated from the sapwood.
- Grain: Narrow and interlocking. Often exhibits a ribbon grain figure.
- Texture: Moderately coarse and uniform. Somewhat oily.
- Common Uses: Decorative and ornamental items, fine furniture, musical instruments, luthiery, and turnery.
- Working Characteristics: Fairly difficult to saw and machine. Sharp tools are essential. Turns well.
- Polish: Can be polished to an exceptional finish.
- Average Dried Weight: 53 lb/cubic ft.
- Strength: Very hard, heavy and dense.
- Scientific name: Dalbergia latifolia
Note: Due to high demand and limited supply, we cannot always guarantee that this item will be in stock.
1 Review(s)View All
Excellent WoodPosted September 21, 2014