Due to high demand and limited supply, we cannot always guarantee that this item will be in stock. Turning Blanks come rough sawn to nominal thickness and are coated with wax.
- Native To: Southern India and Java.
- Color: Purple-brown heartwood with darker streaks. Heartwood is clearly demarcated from the sapwood.
- Grain: Narrow and interlocking. Often exhibits a ribbon grain figure.
- Texture: Moderately coarse and uniform. Somewhat oily.
- Common Uses: Decorative and ornamental items, fine furniture, musical instruments, luthiery, and turnery.
- Working Characteristics: Fairly difficult to saw and machine. Sharp tools are essential. Turns well.
- Polish: Can be polished to an exceptional finish.
- Average Dried Weight: 53 lb/cubic ft.
- Strength: Very hard, heavy and dense.
4 Review(s)View All
The wood is excellent and machines...Posted February 7, 2008
The quality of the wood shipped...Posted January 31, 2008
I bought 6 blanks to turn...Posted February 14, 2010