- Guard basket is equipped with in-feed and out-feed wheels. This allows the guard basket to roll up and over the work piece and position the guard basket the correct height above the work piece for optimum dust collection.
- Shuttered openings at the back of the guard basket allow for the use of splitter and anti-kick-back pawls provided with the user's table saw.
- Bottom edge of the guard basket can be raised up 7" above the saw table. If more height is required, the horizontal boom and guard basket can be swung out of the way.
Only three tools are required to install: a 3/8" electric drill, a screw driver and an adjustable wrench. The assembly instructions are included with the unit.
Flexible installation options:
The Exaktor blade cover can be attached to either the right or left-hand end, or back edge of a saw table up to 35" high. The telescopic boom is adjustable to accommodate a rip fence extending up to 70" from the saw blade. The guard basket can be adjusted forward and backward to accommodate saw tables with different depths. Where floor space is not available, the vertical mast can be upended and hung from above the table saw.
Quality materials and precision machining:
Parts for the Exaktor dust hood are precision formed by computer-controlled machines to exact tolerances. The telescopic boom is aluminum tubing. The Mast is manufactured from steel tubing. The suspension and guard basket frame are steel. They are coated with a hard baked-on powder coat finish to resist corrosion and provide a smooth working surface. The lenses in the guard basket are 1/8" thick shatterproof plastic.
- Boom consists of two aluminum tubular extrusions.
- The diameter of the outer tube is 4", the inner tube is 3-1/2" inches.
- Three UHMW sleeves between the tubes allow the boom to be easily adjusted for length.
- A four-inch hose with 700 to 800 CFM of airflow is recommended.