- Hard plastic cup and threaded collar
- Slip-in measuring transparency
- 3 disposable liners
- 3 disposable lids with integral filters
- 3 lid plugs for short term storage and for mixing a finish by "shaking"
- The Large Starter Kit holds 28 oz. of finish.
- (1) Hard plastic cup
- (1) Threaded collar
- (1) Slip-in measuring transparency
- (3) Disposable liners
- (3) Disposable lids with integral filters
- (3) Lid plugs
Don't listen to the other reviewers. They have no idea what they're doing.Posted November 24, 2013
1. place inner liner into the hard plastic cup
2. pour product through a strainer into the inner liner, if you spill anything, wipe it up using appropriate solvent for your paint/stain
3. place filter attachment into inner liner and press it firmly to seat it all the way down
4. screw on the black retaining ring.
5. with the gun upside down attach the bowl to the gun using the adapter, make sure you twist it a 1/4 of a turn to lock it on the gun
5. with the gun still upside down, turn the air up on the gun and pull the trigger, watch as the air is drawn up through gun and it sprays upside down.
adjust your air back down to appropriate levels and test spray on a scrap
6. paint your project- ANY ANGLE YOU WANT (THIS IS THE BEAUTY OF THIS PRODUCT)
7. clean the hell out of everything
A tip for wood workers, try using water based products and you can reuse the disposable filter bowls.
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DON'T STORE ANY FLUIDS IN YOUR GUN. IT'S A QUICK WAY TO RUIN IT.
Great system but...Posted October 30, 2013
The lid is extremely difficult to get started and seated properly. You must be very careful to examine the seal edge of the lid to be sure that you are not cross threading the lid.
Any residue left around the rim will cause the lid to freeze to the cup. For lacquer I have found that the only way to get the lid off is to soak the rim in lacquer thinner for a few minutes.
Lastly on the negative side is the cost of replacement liners and cups. It seems they only are sold in "starter kits" at a ridiculously high price.
I would like to buy extra cups and lids that are not part of a kit but where?