For those looking to tap the true mortising potential of the Domino joinery system, the Domino XL DF700 boasts one spec you need to know: massivemortises up to 2-3/4" deep x 1/2" wide, by as long as your heart desires. That'senough depth to make mortises for just about anything but a timber framehouse. One plunge creates a perfect, smooth-sided mortise that is preciselysized to accept a Domino loose tenon, creating an incredibly strong joint. TheDomino XL DF700 borrows all of the ease and simplicity of its little brother,the DF500, but its capacity makes it more of a handheld slot mortiser than anordinary joining tool. This makes it ideal for joinery that demands the utmostin strength: beefy apron/leg joints on tables, chairs and beds, sturdy framingjoints on entry doors and gates, and the large, rugged joints required foroutdoor furniture and decking. You can even purchase rot-resistant Sipo tenonstock specifically for outdoor use. The joiner is available alone or as a Set, whichincludes the Trim Stop and Cross Stop.
Stationary machines like hollow chisel mortisers and slot mortisers occupy large amount of floor space in your shop, are expensive to purchase, require a lot of setup and maintenance, and force you to bring the material to the tool. With the Domino XL 574422, you've got a system light enough and nimble enough for use anywhere in the shop or the jobsite. When the workpiece is too large to come to the machine, this makes all the difference.
- Expanded range of thicker, longer tenons available separately.
- Precision placement of solid hardwood tenons guarantees not only a perfect fit, but a finished product that will last for generations.
- Specially engineered cutter simultaneously spins and oscillates to create a perfect, smooth sided mortise.
- Operation is as simple as a biscuit cutter!
- Power consumption: 720 watts.
- Speed (no load): 21000 RPM.
- Routing depth: 12-70 mm.
- One-plunge mortise length, max: 16.5mm.
- Mortise width, max: 14mm.
- Connecting thread of drive shaft: M8 x 1.
- Weight (excluding cable): 5.2 kg.
- Includes 12mm Domino cutter.
- Accessory 8mm, 10mm and 14mm Domino cutters available separately (46816, 44210 and 47733, respectively).
- Quick-set height adjustment with stepped stopping system.
- Fence can be angled for angled mortises, with stops at common angles.
- Retractable pins allow registration for a series of evenly spaced mortises.
- Dust extractor connection dia.: 27 mm.
|Manufacturer Part Number||574422|
|Spindle Speed||21,000 RPM|
|Dust Collection||27mm Port|
- (1) Festool 574422 Domino® XL DF 700 Loose Tenon Joiner
- (1) Plug-it power cord
- (1) Sys 5 T-Loc Systainer with Storage Trays for Dominoes
- (1) Wrench
- (1) Base Widener