The Festool TS 55 REQ is not your standard circular saw. With its accuracy and versatility, a better comparison would be to the most advanced table saws, miter saws or panel saws available. Add in its incredible portability and unbelievable ease of use, and you have a precision-cutting solution like no other, at home in the highest-end cabinet shop as well as an onsite remodel. With the addition of micro-adjustable depth controls and a flat housing for flush-cutting against walls or adjacent surfaces, the TS 55 REQ is our most advanced plunge cut saw ever, which is saying a lot.
What's new compared to the older TS 55 EQ?
- Easy-to-read, dual-depth scale indicates depth setting for cuts both on and off the guide rail.
- A self-adhering Imperial scale is included in the owner's manual.
- Micro-adjustable depth control enables precise depth adjustment, so you cut only what's intended.
- Streamlined splinterguard is always there when you need it, eliminating tearout on both sides of the blade, even during bevel cuts and when cutting next to a wall.
- Flat housing for cutting as close as 1/2" from walls and other obstacles.
- Redesigned riving knife emerges before the saw blade so you continue long cuts by indexing the riving knife in the previous kerf.
- Greater bevel range. Simple detent-override function extends angle cutting to -1° to 47° with positive stops at 0° and 45°.
- Improved dust channel design further enhances extraction efficiency, so you can work right in the customer's space, with less clean-up.
- When used with Festool guide rails, you can achieve perfectly straight and splinter-free cuts (on both sides of the cut).
- The TS 55 makes the actual cut right on the edge of the scribe line, even on bevel cuts.
- Simple depth adjustment allows you to expose only the part of the blade necessary for the cut. The plunge action allows cut placement anywhere on the cut line for straight cuts or cut-outs into material.
- Spring-loaded riving knife (splitter) retracts into the housing during plunge cuts. The riving knife keeps the cut kerf open so that the material does not pinch the blade. This reduces the chance of kickback, leaving you in control of the operation.
- Variable speed allows you to match the speed of the saw to the material. The electronics also maintain a consistent speed under load, improving cut performance and protecting the saw's motor from thermal and current overload.
- Rotating dust port lets you direct dust away from the saw, user, and the material or connect it to a Festool CT dust extractor for tool-triggered dust capture.
- Blade changes are easier and faster using the FastFix system. When engaged, the power switch and arbor are locked simultaneously. The saw is also locked into a position to facilitate easy arbor bolt removal.
- The triple motor bearing improves the smoothness of cutting action and extends the service life of the tool.
|Manufacturer Part Number||561556|
- Arbor size: 0.787" (20 mm)
- Bevel range: 0° - 45°
- Cutting depth when on guide rail: 1-15/16" (50 mm) straight down and 1-7/16" (37 mm) at 45°
- Cutting depth without guide rail: 2-1/8" (55 mm) straight down
- Power consumption: 1200 watts / 10 amps 120v AC
- Saw blade diameter: 6-1/4" (160 mm)
- Saw blade speed: 2,000 - 5,200 rpm
- Weight: 9.92 lbs. (4.5 kg)
(1) 55" Guide rail
(1) Carbide blade
(1) Limit stop
(1) Plug-it power cord
(1) Systainer Storage Case