Nothing is quite so impressive as the holographic shimmer of figured Maple under a fresh coat of finish. These turning blanks are hand sorted for the best figured grain. Approximate dimensions listed.
Price is for one (1) bowl blank.
Please Note: Sizes are approximate (3'' x 3'' x 12'') and may include sapwood. Pieces may be shipped round or square. Due to high demand and limited supply, we cannot always guarantee that this item will be in stock.
- Tree: May reach a height of 70 to 120 feet, with a 24 to 36 inch diameter trunk.
- Sapwood Color: White with a reddish cast, sometimes with darker bands of heartwood.
- Heartwood Color: Uniformly pale reddish brown or light tan.
- Grain: Curly grain with variable spacing from tight fiddleback to wavy. Sometimes exhibits bird's eye, maple burl, blister, leaf and occasional spalting.
- Texture: Very fine and even.
- Working properties: Figured grain has a tendency to tear out. Tools must be kept very sharp. Reduced cutting angles can help.
- Strength Properties: Very high bending strength. Resistance to compression parallel to the grain is high. Hardness is rated as medium. It is heavy, and resists denting and marring. Hard Maple can be up to 25 percent harder than Soft Maple.
|Manufacturer Part Number||CURLY MPL 3X3X12|