This Carbide Turning Tool from Rockler features a replaceable, rotatable cutter that eliminates the hassle and downtime of sharpening. Simply rotate the carbide cutter for a fresh, sharp edge, and replace it once all available edges have grown dull. The solid carbide cutter stays sharp for longer when compared with steel, giving you a much longer useful life. Shaft features a flattened back for stability when using the tool rest. The handles are made of solid ash encased with a thick, molded rubber end for an enhanced grip and reduced fatigue. They're great for beginning to advanced woodturners, ensuring quick success without the frustration of dull tools. Since you don't need to invest hundreds of dollars into sharpening equipment, they're also an excellent value.
- Ideal for giving you a smooth finish on curved, concave surfaces and for general turning applications.
- Replaceable R2 cutter measures approximately 0.60'' in diameter.
- Total overall length of Full Size Carbide Turning Tool is approximately 19-1/2''.
- Handles are 13'' long from the butt of the handle to the top of the stainless steel ferrule.
- Length of the shaft is approximately 6-1/2''.
- Ash handles are coated with a soft, grippy rubber for a secure, effortless grip and excellent ergonomics.
- Note: carbide cutters are not interchangeable between the different tools.