This is one of the hardest, most durable consumer polyurethane topcoats on the market today. It is non-yellowing and offers easy water cleanup. It contains all the consumer-friendly characteristics of PolyAcrylic Blend. In addition, it contains a UV Stabilizer to protect it from breaking down in sunlight and to protect the underlying stains from fading. With its pure polyurethane durability, it's a great choice for hardwood floors.
- Dry Time: normally 2-4 hours under ideal conditions (70°, 70% humidity). Cooler temperatures and higher humidity will prolong drying time up to 8-10 hours.
- Clean up with warm, soapy water
- Coverage: 75 sq. ft./pint; 150 sq. ft./quart; 600 sq. ft./gallon.
- Thinning: If necessary, thin with 10-20% water.
Direction for use:
- Oil-based stains must be completely dry before using a water based topcoat. Wait a minimum of 48 hours before applying GF High Performance.
- Use a foam brush or paint pad applicator. Apply liberally, using smooth, even strokes with the grain. Use enough material to provide a wet film.
- Sand between coats using 320- or 400-grit sandpaper. Remove dust before recoating.
- A minimum of 3 coats is recommended. Additional coats may be applied to increase durability and depth.
19 Review(s)View All
As a hobby I build small...Posted April 16, 2011
One of the best clear finishes...Posted December 27, 2010
This is THE BEST Urethane on...Posted October 1, 2010