Bringing you the best of both water- and oil-based finishes, this advanced self-crosslinking top-coat combines the easy cleanup and fast dry times of a water-based finish with the warm amber hue of an oil-based finish. Its air-oxidizing curing process makes it extremely rugged, plenty strong for even hardwood floors. It is VOC-compliant, low-odor, non-flammable and cleans up with soap and water. Dries tack-free in only 10-30 minutes and can be recoated in 2-4 hours. Brush, roll or spray on. Available in Satin, Semi-Gloss or Gloss.
Features and specifications:
- Slight amber hue looks more like an oil-based varnish than a water-based finish.
- Very durable.
- Highly water resistant.
- Can be used over most water-based and solvent-based stains.
- Oil-based stains should dry a minimum of 48 hours before applying Enduro-Var.
- Dries tack-free in 10-30 minutes.
- Recoat after 2-4 hours.
Enduro-Var is self sealing. Do not use over other sealers or topcoats without consulting with General Finishes for compatibility: www.generalfinishes.com.
- How to Safely Dispose of Paint and Finish Cans Quickly
- How to Refinish Small Blemishes in Wood with Common Finishing Products
- How to Prevent Varnish and Finish from Drying out Using Soda Bottles
- Shellac Production Affected by Shifting Climates Changing Finishing Trends
- How to Use Baby Oil to Remove Oil-Based Polyurethane Varnish Wood Finish
- How to Remove Shellac Coating on a Woodworking Project for Refinishing
- How to Replace Your Polishing Cloth with a Paper Bag in Wood Finishing
- Rockler Bench Cookie Cone Makes Finishing Both Sides of a Project Easy
- How to Determine if Wood Finish, Varnish, and Oils Have Expired and Extend or Dispose of Them
- How to Do Easy Wood Finishing on Cabinet Doors with Home-Made Workpiece Supports
- How Do You Safely Remove Finish Without Damaging Antique Furniture
- Minwax Professional Formula Sanding Sealer Prepares Projects for a Polyurethane Finish
- What Are the Advantages of Clear Aerosol Spray Can Finishing Supplies
- How to Create Clear Coat Flat Finish
- How to Seal Coat and Paint Toy Blocks with Zinsser for an Even Finish
- Outdoor Woodworking Project Finishing Tips for Waterproofing and Protection Against Elements
- How Long Can You Wait Between Sanding, Shop Cleaning and Spray Finishing
- Painter’s Pyramids Finishing Turntable Makes Wood Finishing Easier Thanks Lazy Susan-style Design
- How to Use Sandpaper, Scrapers and Planes to Smooth Wood for Finishing
- How to Create an Arts & Crafts White Oak Finish with Gel Stain Instead of Ammonia Fuming
- How to Apply Finish with Cotton Pads and Pantyhose Instead of Old Cotton Rags
- How to Make a High-Gloss Finish While Turning on a Lathe with Friction Polish
- Top 10 Workshop Annoyances: You Can't Tell If Your Finish Is Too Old to Use
- Hitachi’s NT50GS Finisher Driver and Screwdriver for Driving Fasteners
- Use a Plastic Chair Mat for Finishing Wood and Glue-Up of Projects
- Choosing Interior and Exterior Finishing Supplies
- How to Get a Shiny Finish with Lacquer, Shellac, Varnish or Polyurethane
- Should You Apply Finish to the Interior of a Cedar Blanket Chest
- How to Calculate How Many Coats of Wood Finish or Paint Are In One Coat
- Ian Kirby Woodworking Design: Wood Finishing with Shellac and Beeswax
- Green Finishing Products: Oil- and Water-Based Finishes, Shellac, Beeswax and More
- What Are the Dangers of Formaldehyde in Varnish and Lacquer Wood Finishes
- Does Going Green with Woodworking Finishing Products Actually Matter?
- What Is the Difference Between Automotive and Furniture Lacquer in Finishing Products
- Determining the Effect of Various Finishes on Pine and Other Woods
- Finishing Woodworking Projects by Dipping Them in Danish Oil or Other Finish
- Minwax Water Based WoodSheen Wood Finish and Stain in Six Fast Drying Shades
- Using Airbrush and Touch-up Spray Guns to Finish Small Projects
- Removing White Water Marks When Refinishing Shellac Wood Finish
- Treating Projects with Wood Dye, Spray Finish and Liming Wax
- Refinishing and Painting MDF Kitchen Cabinets to Offer Moisture Protection
- Completing a Wood Finish with Some Paste Wax, a Power Sander and a Nylon Abrasive Pad
- Protect Your Workbench Tables During Wood Finishing with Pink Rosin
- Using Wipe On, Wipe Off Finishes for Finishing Your Project
- Should You Finish Scroll Saw Cut Figurines with Tung Oil or Danish Oil
- Can a Latex Paint Finish Be Hardened After Application?
- Altering Wood Stain with Toner, Glaze and Clear Finishing Products
- Wood Finishing - A "Hands Off" Approach
- Affordable HVLP Spray Finishing?
- Rubbing Out a Finish
- Tung Oil Finish for a Kitchen Table?
- More on Finishing Cherry
- More Finishing Options at Rockler
- Waterborne Wood Finishes
- Use the Sure-Hook Tool-Less Cabinet Door Hanger for Refinishing Kitchen Cabinets Easily and More
- Finish for a Workbench?
- Rub-out Finishing Demo Tomorrow
- Water-based Finish over an Oil-based Finish
- Start to Finish: The Endurance Test
- Nordy Finishing Q&A
- Waterborne Wood Finish Basics
- Finishing Comparison Guide
- Refinishing Cabinetry
- How to Safely Finish a Child's Baby Doll Cradle
- What Is the Best Way to Sand Before Applying a Waterbased Stain or Finish?
- How to Apply an Even Finish on Two Different Types of Wood
- Can Electric Paint Sprayer Guns Be Used to Spread Woodworking Finishes?
- Clean Paint and Finish Brushes with Solvents and a Hand Wipes Container
- Using Wood Stain and Dye Finishing Products to Add Coloration to Furniture
- The Difference in Smoothness Between Lacquer and Beeswax Wood Finishes
- How to Best Choose Wipe-On Polyurethane Finish for Lathe Turning Projects
- Finishing a Cedar Wood Chainsaw Carved Bear Statue
8 Review(s)View All
I have been using Endurovar for...Posted December 27, 2012
Edurovar top coat has proved to...Posted May 23, 2012
If you want a Water Based...Posted November 8, 2011