Bringing you the best of both water- and oil-based finishes, this advanced self-crosslinking topcoat combines the easy cleanup and fast dry times of a water-based finish with the warm amber hue of an oil-based finish. Its air-oxidizing curing process makes it extremely rugged, plenty strong for even hardwood floors. It is VOC-compliant, low-odor, non-flammable and cleans up with soap and water. Dries tack-free in only 10-30 minutes and can be recoated in 2-4 hours. Brush, roll or spray on. Available in Satin, Semi-Gloss or Gloss.
Features and specifications:
- Slight amber hue looks more like an oil-based varnish than a water-based finish.
- Very durable.
- Highly water resistant.
- Can be used over most water-based and solvent-based stains.
- Oil-based stains should dry a minimum of 48 hours before applying Enduro-Var.
- Dries tack-free in 10-30 minutes.
- Recoat after 2-4 hours.
Enduro-Var is self sealing. Do not use over other sealers or topcoats without consulting with General Finishes for compatibility: www.generalfinishes.com.
- How to Remove Glue and Contact Cement Squeeze out When Installing Plastic Laminate
- How to Safely Dispose of Paint and Finish Cans Quickly
- How to Prevent Wood Burn and Remove Burn Mark Discoloration from Routing
- Should You Use Shellac or Wood Conditioner Before Staining Softwoods with Oil-Based Stains
- How to Keep Bark on Your Wood Projects with Glue, Shellac and Wood Choice
- How to Turn a Shop Stool: Turning and Assembling the Legs, Spindles, and Seat
- How to Build a Wooden Toy Tugboat, from Making the Hull to Building Above Deck
- How to Make a Cribbage Board Quickly and Easily from a Homemade Template
- How to Refinish Small Blemishes in Wood with Common Finishing Products
- How to Make Sanding Easier When Building Cabinet Doors with a Bench Vise
- How to Fill Cracks in Wood without Wood Putty
- How to Prevent Varnish and Finish from Drying out Using Soda Bottles
- How to Clean Sanding Discs and Belts with Your Used Silicone Caulk
- Shellac Production Affected by Shifting Climates Changing Finishing Trends
- Home Media Center Project
- Occasional Table Project
- Westport Chair Project
- How to Weatherproof Outdoor Furniture by Curing It with an Epoxy Coat
- How to Use Baby Oil to Remove Oil-Based Polyurethane Varnish Wood Finish
- How to Remove Shellac Coating on a Woodworking Project for Refinishing
- Shaker Dresser Project
- Turned Multi-bit Screwdrivers Project
- How to Use Wood Stains, Pigments, Dyes and Toners to Evenly Stain Wood
- How to Replace Your Polishing Cloth with a Paper Bag in Wood Finishing
- Tall Kitchen Chair Project
- How to Determine if Wood Finish, Varnish, and Oils Have Expired and Extend or Dispose of Them
- How to Do Easy Wood Finishing on Cabinet Doors with Home-Made Workpiece Supports
- How to Spread Glue on Shop Projects with Bamboo Skewers Rather than Glue Brushes
- How Do You Safely Remove Finish Without Damaging Antique Furniture
- Minwax Professional Formula Sanding Sealer Prepares Projects for a Polyurethane Finish
- What Are the Advantages of Clear Aerosol Spray Can Finishing Supplies
- How to Remove Pencil Marks without Damaging Wood Grain with Acetone
- How to Seal a Toy Project with Shellac, Paste Wax, and Acrylic Paint
- How to Create Clear Coat Flat Finish
- How Do You Determine Proper Lathe Speed and Paper Grit for Sanding
- How to Seal Coat and Paint Toy Blocks with Zinsser for an Even Finish
- How to Bleach Walnut Wood Lighter with Lye and Peroxide in AB Bleach
- Sansin Purity Interior Zero VOC Penetrating Stain for Hardwood and Softwood
- Outdoor Woodworking Project Finishing Tips for Waterproofing and Protection Against Elements
- How Long Can You Wait Between Sanding, Shop Cleaning and Spray Finishing
- How to Keep Belt Sander Belts Dry in Non-Climate-Controlled Workshops
- How to Save Paint Thinner Solvent with a Half-Gallon Milk Jug Funnel
- How to Use Sandpaper, Scrapers and Planes to Smooth Wood for Finishing
- What Ingredients Are in Cellulose Sanding Sealer and Friction Polish and Can You Make Them at Home
- How to Create an Arts & Crafts White Oak Finish with Gel Stain Instead of Ammonia Fuming
- How to Seal Edges of MDF Using Wood Filler, Wood Putty, or Hide Glue
- How to Apply Finish with Cotton Pads and Pantyhose Instead of Old Cotton Rags
- How to Make a High-Gloss Finish While Turning on a Lathe with Friction Polish
- Top 10 Workshop Annoyances: You Can't Tell If Your Finish Is Too Old to Use
- How to Stain Veneers to Match Hardwood Plywood Lumber
- Wax Table Saw, Planer or Jointer Tables with Wax Paper
- Ryobi BC400 Paint Brush Cleaner One Gallon Brush and Paint Cleaning Solution
- Choosing Interior and Exterior Finishing Supplies
- How to Get a Shiny Finish with Lacquer, Shellac, Varnish or Polyurethane
- Should You Apply Finish to the Interior of a Cedar Blanket Chest
- How to Calculate How Many Coats of Wood Finish or Paint Are In One Coat
- Ian Kirby Woodworking Design: Wood Finishing with Shellac and Beeswax
- Green Finishing Products: Oil- and Water-Based Finishes, Shellac, Beeswax and More
- What Are VOC and HAP and What Do They Mean for Green Woodworking
- What Are the Dangers of Formaldehyde in Varnish and Lacquer Wood Finishes
- Does Going Green with Woodworking Finishing Products Actually Matter?
- Prazi Paint Brush Storage Lid Water Saving One Gallon Paint Can Topper
- What Is the Difference Between Automotive and Furniture Lacquer in Finishing Products
- How Are Paint and Varnish Cans Different and How to Secure Them Properly
- Use Beeswax and Packing String in Pilot Holes to Make Driving Screws Easier
- Determining the Effect of Various Finishes on Pine and Other Woods
- Finishing Woodworking Projects by Dipping Them in Danish Oil or Other Finish
- Minwax Water Based WoodSheen Wood Finish and Stain in Six Fast Drying Shades
- Using Airbrush and Touch-up Spray Guns to Finish Small Projects
- Removing White Water Marks When Refinishing Shellac Wood Finish
- How to Remove Water Marks from Pine Wood with Blush Eraser, Denatured Alcohol and Paste Wax
- Treating Projects with Wood Dye, Spray Finish and Liming Wax
- Refinishing and Painting MDF Kitchen Cabinets to Offer Moisture Protection
- Can You Use Wipe-on Varnish over Oil-based or Water-based Stains or Both
- Completing a Wood Finish with Some Paste Wax, a Power Sander and a Nylon Abrasive Pad
- How to Make Shaker Style Furniture: Candle Stand
- Removing White Heat Marks from Oak Kitchen Tables with Mineral Spirits
- Removing Paint from Antique Oak Furniture with Paint Stripper
- Using Wipe On, Wipe Off Finishes for Finishing Your Project
- Suggestions for Specialized Pen-Turning Tools
- Remodeling Cabinet Doors with Frame and Panel Styles and New Hardware
- UGL Zar ULTRA MAX Wood Stain Adds Oil-Based Color to Water-Based Drying
- Staining Wood Filler and Putty to Repair Damaged Wood Furniture
- Should You Finish Scroll Saw Cut Figurines with Tung Oil or Danish Oil
- Can a Latex Paint Finish Be Hardened After Application?
- Altering Wood Stain with Toner, Glaze and Clear Finishing Products
- Remarkable Rockler Reviews: SOY-Gel Paint and Urethane Remover
- Quick and Easy Home Improvement Tip: Spiff up your woodwork before holiday guests arrive
- Woodworking Gift Ideas
- Wood Finishing - A "Hands Off" Approach
- Painting with Wood
- Wood Filler Basics
- The EZ-Clean Spray System - Industrial-Sized Help in a Small Package
- The Sure Hook 360 - A Customer Modified Design
- Affordable HVLP Spray Finishing?
- Fixing Chips and Scratches
- Fuming Wood
- Wood Stain in a Nutshell
- Rubbing Out a Finish
- Tung Oil Finish for a Kitchen Table?
- What is Chatoyance?
- When to Use Sanding Sealer
- More on Finishing Cherry
- Applying Shellac - The Basics
- More Finishing Options at Rockler
- Sanding Too Much for Pigmented Stain?
- Waterborne Wood Finishes
- Using Wood Grain Filler
- What is Table Top Varnish?
- Use the Sure-Hook Tool-Less Cabinet Door Hanger for Refinishing Kitchen Cabinets Easily and More
- The Rockler Sandpaper Disc Station
- Finish for a Workbench?
- Smoothing Out Curved Parts
- What is Milk Paint?
- Getting Pine to Stain Evenly
- Affordable Gravity Feed HVLP Spray Gun
- Strengthening Spalted Wood
- Darkening Cherry
- Dealing with Stains left by Disrespectful Mice
- Anti-Freeze is Not a Green Wood Stabilizer
- Water-based Finish over an Oil-based Finish
- Start to Finish: The Endurance Test
- Nordy Finishing Q&A
- Waterborne Wood Finish Basics
- Finishing Comparison Guide
- Refinishing Cabinetry
- How to Safely Finish a Child's Baby Doll Cradle
- What Is the Best Way to Sand Before Applying a Waterbased Stain or Finish?
- How to Apply an Even Finish on Two Different Types of Wood
- Can Electric Paint Sprayer Guns Be Used to Spread Woodworking Finishes?
- Clean Paint and Finish Brushes with Solvents and a Hand Wipes Container
- Using Wood Stain and Dye Finishing Products to Add Coloration to Furniture
- How to Use Cotton Cloth and a Clothing Iron to Fix Dents in Wood Fibers
- Using Hand Tools to Clean Up and Polish Your Furniture Projects
- The Difference in Smoothness Between Lacquer and Beeswax Wood Finishes
- How to Add Staining to Knotty Pine Wood Paneling to Give It an Aged Look
- How to Best Choose Wipe-On Polyurethane Finish for Lathe Turning Projects
- How to Remove Spray Paint from a Cedar Wood Ceiling by Sanding
- How to Apply Polyurethane with a Foam Roller, Plastic Wrap and a Cloth
- Sanding Small Projects and Tight Spaces on Your Lathe
- Finishing a Cedar Wood Chainsaw Carved Bear Statue
9 Review(s)View All
Best water based topcoat periodPosted March 20, 2014
It arrived last today. I already had 2 small test pieces done with oil stain from last week. So I put on my first coat with a foam brush. I was surprised at how fast it dried. I already put a 2nd coat after lightly sanding. I have never seen such a smooth finish on any poly I have used in the past. I purchased the satin and am extremely pleased on the look. Just enough soft sheen without being shiny. Some satin poly's I have used in the past still had a bit too much shine that I had hoped.
Not only will I use this for my kitchen cabinets, GF Enduro-Var, will now be what I use to finish my wood frames I stain myself to sell my artwork.
Thanks for such a great product and for Rockler very fast service :)
I have about a year experience...Posted December 29, 2012
I have been using Endurovar for...Posted December 27, 2012