Bringing you the best of both water- and oil-based finishes, this advanced self-crosslinking top-coat combines the easy cleanup and fast dry times of a water-based finish with the warm amber hue of an oil-based finish. Its air-oxidizing curing process makes it extremely rugged, plenty strong for even hardwood floors. It is VOC-compliant, low-odor, non-flammable and cleans up with soap and water. Dries tack-free in only 10-30 minutes and can be recoated in 2-4 hours. Brush, roll or spray on. Available in Satin, Semi-Gloss or Gloss.
Features and specifications:
- Slight amber hue looks more like an oil-based varnish than a water-based finish.
- Very durable.
- Highly water resistant.
- Can be used over most water-based and solvent-based stains.
- Oil-based stains should dry a minimum of 48 hours before applying Enduro-Var.
- Dries tack-free in 10-30 minutes.
- Recoat after 2-4 hours.
Enduro-Var is self sealing. Do not use over other sealers or topcoats without consulting with General Finishes for compatibility: www.generalfinishes.com.
- How to Safely Dispose of Paint and Finish Cans Quickly
- How to Refinish Small Blemishes in Wood with Common Finishing Products
- How to Prevent Varnish and Finish from Drying out Using Soda Bottles
- Shellac Production Affected by Shifting Climates Changing Finishing Trends
- How to Use Baby Oil to Remove Oil-Based Polyurethane Varnish Wood Finish
- How to Remove Shellac Coating on a Woodworking Project for Refinishing
- How to Replace Your Polishing Cloth with a Paper Bag in Wood Finishing
- Rockler Bench Cookie Cone Makes Finishing Both Sides of a Project Easy
- How to Determine if Wood Finish, Varnish, and Oils Have Expired and Extend or Dispose of Them
- How to Do Easy Wood Finishing on Cabinet Doors with Home-Made Workpiece Supports
- How Do You Safely Remove Finish Without Damaging Antique Furniture
- Minwax Professional Formula Sanding Sealer Prepares Projects for a Polyurethane Finish
- What Are the Advantages of Clear Aerosol Spray Can Finishing Supplies
- How to Create Clear Coat Flat Finish
- How to Seal Coat and Paint Toy Blocks with Zinsser for an Even Finish
- Outdoor Woodworking Project Finishing Tips for Waterproofing and Protection Against Elements
- How Long Can You Wait Between Sanding, Shop Cleaning and Spray Finishing
- Painter’s Pyramids Finishing Turntable Makes Wood Finishing Easier Thanks Lazy Susan-style Design
- How to Use Sandpaper, Scrapers and Planes to Smooth Wood for Finishing
- How to Create an Arts & Crafts White Oak Finish with Gel Stain Instead of Ammonia Fuming
- How to Apply Finish with Cotton Pads and Pantyhose Instead of Old Cotton Rags
- How to Make a High-Gloss Finish While Turning on a Lathe with Friction Polish
- Top 10 Workshop Annoyances: You Can't Tell If Your Finish Is Too Old to Use
- Hitachi’s NT50GS Finisher Driver and Screwdriver for Driving Fasteners
- Use a Plastic Chair Mat for Finishing Wood and Glue-Up of Projects
- Choosing Interior and Exterior Finishing Supplies
- How to Get a Shiny Finish with Lacquer, Shellac, Varnish or Polyurethane
- Should You Apply Finish to the Interior of a Cedar Blanket Chest
- How to Calculate How Many Coats of Wood Finish or Paint Are In One Coat
- Ian Kirby Woodworking Design: Wood Finishing with Shellac and Beeswax
- Green Finishing Products: Oil- and Water-Based Finishes, Shellac, Beeswax and More
- What Are the Dangers of Formaldehyde in Varnish and Lacquer Wood Finishes
- Does Going Green with Woodworking Finishing Products Actually Matter?
- What Is the Difference Between Automotive and Furniture Lacquer in Finishing Products
- Determining the Effect of Various Finishes on Pine and Other Woods
- Finishing Woodworking Projects by Dipping Them in Danish Oil or Other Finish
- Minwax Water Based WoodSheen Wood Finish and Stain in Six Fast Drying Shades
- Using Airbrush and Touch-up Spray Guns to Finish Small Projects
- Removing White Water Marks When Refinishing Shellac Wood Finish
- Treating Projects with Wood Dye, Spray Finish and Liming Wax
- Refinishing and Painting MDF Kitchen Cabinets to Offer Moisture Protection
- Completing a Wood Finish with Some Paste Wax, a Power Sander and a Nylon Abrasive Pad
- Protect Your Workbench Tables During Wood Finishing with Pink Rosin
- Using Wipe On, Wipe Off Finishes for Finishing Your Project
- Should You Finish Scroll Saw Cut Figurines with Tung Oil or Danish Oil
- Can a Latex Paint Finish Be Hardened After Application?
- Altering Wood Stain with Toner, Glaze and Clear Finishing Products
- Wood Finishing - A "Hands Off" Approach
- Affordable HVLP Spray Finishing?
- Rubbing Out a Finish
- Tung Oil Finish for a Kitchen Table?
- More on Finishing Cherry
- More Finishing Options at Rockler
- Waterborne Wood Finishes
- Use the Sure-Hook Tool-Less Cabinet Door Hanger for Refinishing Kitchen Cabinets Easily and More
- Finish for a Workbench?
- Rub-out Finishing Demo Tomorrow
- Water-based Finish over an Oil-based Finish
- Start to Finish: The Endurance Test
- Nordy Finishing Q&A
- Waterborne Wood Finish Basics
- Finishing Comparison Guide
- Refinishing Cabinetry
- How to Safely Finish a Child's Baby Doll Cradle
- What Is the Best Way to Sand Before Applying a Waterbased Stain or Finish?
- How to Apply an Even Finish on Two Different Types of Wood
- Can Electric Paint Sprayer Guns Be Used to Spread Woodworking Finishes?
- Clean Paint and Finish Brushes with Solvents and a Hand Wipes Container
- Using Wood Stain and Dye Finishing Products to Add Coloration to Furniture
- The Difference in Smoothness Between Lacquer and Beeswax Wood Finishes
- How to Best Choose Wipe-On Polyurethane Finish for Lathe Turning Projects
- Finishing a Cedar Wood Chainsaw Carved Bear Statue
|Dry Time||20-40 min|
|Size||Gallon, Pint, Quart|
- Dry Time at 70 Degrees: 10-30 minutes tack free
- Recoat Time: 2-4 Hours
- Suggested Application: Brush, Roll or Spray
- Suggested Surface Prep: Clean, dry, free of contaminants. For best results sand with 220 grit between coats.
- Clean-up: Soap and Water
- Shelf Life: 1 Year
- Suggested Stain: Can be used over most solvent base and water based stains. The manufacturer suggested General Finishes EF Water Base Stains or General Finishes Oil Base Stains. Stains should dry at least 48 hours before you apply Enduro-Var.
- Suggested Sealer: None, Enduro-Var is self-sealing.
7 Review(s)View All
I have been using Endurovar for...Posted December 27, 2012
Edurovar top coat has proved to...Posted May 23, 2012
I have used other water based...Posted August 17, 2011