Packed with gems such as how to make a finish nail into a drill bit, or how to use fridge magnets as clamp pads, the Great Book of Woodworking Tips is a ready source of inspired, shop-tested advice for woodworking success on any project. Offering more than 650 ingenious solutions to common woodworking problems, it's the essential DIY reference, packed with reader-written woodworking tips and techniques. Sharpen your woodworking skills for drilling, sawing, routing, clamping, gluing, joinery, finishing, and much more. Avoid common pitfalls and solve everyday problems with materials, tools, techniques, shop organization, and maintenance. Supplemented with clear workshop photography, each insightful pointer has been workplace tested by the editors.Technical Details:
More than 650 solutions to common problems, including:
- Your source for inspired, shop-tested advice.
- 336 pages
- How to rout perfectly fitting edge joints, every time.
- How to sharpen every kind of blade and bit, including carbide router bits.
- How to move, store and saw 4x8 sheets all by yourself.
- How to make drawer slides that really glide and never wear out.
- How to joint and plane to thickness without maddening snipe.
- How to clamp and glue awkward miters and curved parts.
- How to flatten warped wood (it's easier than you think!).