DIY Club Inc. is a fun new website where you can show off your DIY crafting skills! Hosted by six wonderfully talented bloggers and some pretty great sponsors (if we do say so ourselves!), the DIY Club hosts a monthly "linky" party where you can link up to your own blog post showing off a project you have done. The project can be pretty much anything, but must use products from at least one of the DIY Club's sponsors.
Although it's only been around since May, the website itself has just gone through a major re-vamp, and the grand unveiling was this week. It's looking better than ever! It even includes a page where you can see all the projects done with Rockler products - how cool is that?!
Just who are these host bloggers? They are six incredibly creative gals who are always thinking outside the box and who really enjoy inspiring others to do the same! Each one is an accomplished blogger/DIYer in her own right. Check out their blogs:
You'll find you want to follow every single one of these gals. Put the six of them together and the DIY Club just bursts with inspiration! Every month, the gals offer up their own projects for your enjoyment and inspiration, and then they accept your entries for the month. Most of the posts you'll see are done in a tutorial style, so you really do come away just bubbling over with ideas for things you could do in your own home.
We'd like to share one of our favorite projects from each gal's blog (each one using a Rockler product - what a coincidence!) so you can get an idea of what's in store:
- The Rolling Galvanized Tub, by Stephanie Lynn at Under the Table and Dreaming, uses some of our designer wooden casters to turn a tub into a chic little rolling planter
- In Laundry Room Quick Peek Jennifer of Tater Tots and Jello uses glass knobs from our extensive knob and pull selection to pretty up her laundry room
- Amy of WhisperWood Cottage shows us that Autumn Comes in Coastal Blue Milk Paint! Wooden chairs found while junking are freshened up by using milk paint, a finishing turntable, a Sanding Bug and foam brushes, all from Rockler!
- For Home is Where Your Heart is, Cheri of It's So Very Cheri also uses a Sanding Bug - a favorite with these gals - and lamp black milk paint for her wall decor
- Over at 504 Main, Holly used Painter's Pyramids ("AWESOME!") and Deft Clear Wood Finish Spray in making her New "Old" Frame
- Roeshel of The DIY Showoff spotlights her daughter Bri's DIY project where the Abrasive Sanding Cord couldn't have come in more handy on Bri's "groove-y" dresser
The DIY Club link-up parties start on the first Friday of every month... which would be... today! If you've got a blog and you'd like to enter a project (oh, maybe something made with Rockler tools and supplies, for instance?) then by all means, link up here and put yourself in the running for some truly awesome prizes! The six hosts and one guest blogger will pick the top ten entrants, and then critique those entries before choosing an overall winner.
If you aren't ready to link up this month, start thinking about October and working on your project now, as there are more fabulous prize packages to be won! The contest is like a bonus, because after getting project after project from the main talent each month, it's time to sit back and enjoy reading all the new posts from other blogs that link up for each month's party! Enjoy and let the inspiration just wash over you at DIY Club Inc.