Five tips to get started
1. Watch tutorials on YouTube, which allows you to stop the video and practice along with the lesson.
2. Keep the built-in instructor window open at first. It’s very helpful.
3. Learn the key commands for zoom, pan and orbit right away. This will save you time.
4. Remember this program is based on pushing and pulling 2D objects to create 3D objects.
5. Understand the way the program snaps-to objects while creating surfaces. This is called snap inferences.
• Precise dimensions
• Changes to one item automatically applied to others
• Get a first-person view from “inside” your drawing
• Add Dimensions and Labels to your design
• Import 3D models from Google Warehouse
• Use Sections for cutaway views of a design to see inside
• Follow Me tool extrudes 2D shapes along 3D paths
• Paint Bucket for colors/textures
• Import image files and use on surfaces to create photo-realistic design