The innovative JET JJP-12HH Helical Head 12" Jointer/Planer takes our award-winning jointer/planer combination machine and makes it an ever better investment. With the addition of our quality helical cutterhead with indexable carbide inserts, the all-new JJP-12HH sets the standard for creating superior stock in your own workshop.
- Helical cutterhead with indexable carbide inserts for a superior finish and quieter cut
- Parallelogram design keeps the table close to the cutterhead for improved finish and allows for precise depth of cut adjustments
- Extra large aluminum extruded fence with centered controls for quick adjustments
- Extremely quick changeover between jointing and planing functions. Fence does not need to be removed
- Powerful 3HP induction motor easily handles the toughest jointing and planing tasks
- Heavy-duty, one-piece steel closed stand includes mounting tabs for increased stability
- Built-in dust chute with 4" dust port used for both jointing and planing operations
- Large handwheel for quick and precise adjustments of planer table
- Heavy-duty cast iron tables with a machined finish to ensure accuracy and flatness
- Magnetic switch provides safer and more reliable operation
- 5 Year Warranty
|Manufacturer Part Number||708476|
|Jointer Cutterhead Speed||5500 RPM|
|Dust Collection||4" Port|
2 Review(s)View All
Nice MachinePosted December 20, 2014
Great value small footprintPosted December 19, 2013
The Helical Head rocks! I didn't think I would be one of the ones saying something like this but it does have a better sound signature then straight blade models. More importantly it creates smaller shavings for a better finish and with my DC unit it seems to do a great job getting the waste away.
Shipping was a bit of a pain since I live at the end of a dead end cul-de-sac (not a -1 for the product but a consideration for any large shipments) The company Rockler chose as the freight company was very easy to work with and met me around the corner and placed the item on my trailer for me. This actually made it easier since I could back in my driveway right up to the garage (freight companies are not allowed to drive on your driveway).
My only complaint with the unit has to do with the adjustments to get the tables co-plainer. There is a combination of set screws and hex bolts to adjust the entire setup in the upper left hand corner of the in-feed table. Perhaps I just had a poor execution plan but it took me the better part of 4 hours to get this item really dialed in and I do have an issue with repeatability due to the locking cam mechanism to fasten the table down to the base. That being said I believe this will be true with any of the combo machines and perhaps Jet would be doing a big favor to its users for a little more clearly written instructions or better yet a video with a sample of their recommend leveling technique and tips and tricks.
Once I got everything ironed out within 1/1000 of an inch this thing performed like a champ. Initially the planer was a little difficult to feed but I think I was just use to my worn out in-feed roller on my old planer as the first pass wasn't deep enough to make a cut and once raised the table I pushed a little harder to start the feeding it rolled through like a champ with a nice cut depth.
All in all, after a couple of weeks of running everything I can through it it seems to be holding up well. When I change the table back from planer to jointer I find my self rechecking with a depth gauge to ensure the out-feed table is still level to the blade which is why it gets 4 stars and not 5, (but perhaps I am very picky as it is always very close and in the couple of times there was a variance all I had to do was push or pull the lock lever and it will level right out.