Shaping, smoothing, finishing, fluting and veining all done on one machine - the JET JWL-1236 is a dream tool for any lathe enthusiast. Featuring a 3/4-hp motor that handles increased capacities easily, this lathe can maintain consistent rpm through a much wider range of turning situations. Heavy-duty cast-iron lathe bed adds stability while limiting vibration during operation. Best of all, you can adjust the headstock, tailstock and tool rest base without having to use tools.
- Headstock swivels 360° with positive stops at 45° and 90°
- Heavy-duty cast-iron lathe bed adds stability while limiting vibration during operation
- Variable-speed spindle includes 6 pre-positioned selections with positive detents to quickly set speed to the most common requirements
- Indexing mechanism which allows for fast, efficient, fluting and veining operations
- Live center has a removable pin for boring through stock
- Cam-lock mechanisms allow adjustments of headstock, tailstock and tool rest base without having to use tools
- Hollow tailstock allows you to perform long hole boring for lamps and other vessels
- Open-style rigid stand
- 12" tool rest
- 6" face plate
- Spur center
- Live center
- Face shield
- Tooling knockout
|Manufacturer Part Number||708352|
|Speed Range||550 - 3000 RPM|
- Model Number: JWL-1236
- Height: 13.2"
- Width: 15"
- Length: 56.5"
- Net Weight: 172 lbs
- Swing Over Bed: 12"
- Swing Over Tool Rest Base: 8-3/4"
- Distance Between Centers: 34-1/2"
- Outboard Turning: up to 16-1/2"
- Headstock Taper: MT-2
- Spindle Nose: 1" x 8 TPI
- Hole Through Spindle: 3/8"
- Tailstock Taper: MT-2
- Hole Through Tailstock: 3/8"
- Ram Travel: 2-1/4"
- Centerline of Spindle to Floor: 40-1/2"
- Bed Construction: Cast Iron
- Motor Voltage: 115 V
- Prewired Voltage: 115 V
- Motor Current: 8 A
- Motor Phase: 1 Ph
3 Review(s)View All
I bought this used, and have...Posted June 1, 2010
I've owned a Jet 1236 for...Posted October 1, 2008
Okay beginner's lathe. Works better if...Posted October 6, 2006