The JET JWL-1642EVS 16" x 42" EVS PRO Wood Lathe is a one-of-a-kind machine for the true wood turner. With a 1.5-hp motor and electronic inverter, you can operate the machine at any speed from 50 to 3,200 RPM. Cam-lock mechanisms allow adjustments of headstock, tailstock and tool rest base without having to use any tools at all.
- Digital readout allows operator to dial in the desired speed for best results
- Heavy-duty cast-iron lathe bed adds stability while limiting vibration during operation
- Electronic inverter lets you operate the machine at any speed from 50 to 3,200 RPM
- Indexing mechanism allows for fast, efficient, fluting and veining operations
- Sliding headstock may be positioned anywhere along the bed ways for maximum flexibility and user comfort
- High/low speed change lever quickly changes belt positions
- Spindle has positive locking indexing in 10 degree increments for fast, efficient fluting and veining operations
- Built-in spindle locks let you remove or replace faceplates and chucks with ease
- Live center has a removable pin for boring through stock
- Cam-lock mechanisms allow adjustments of headstock, tailstock and tool rest base without having to use tools
- Hollow tailstock allows you to perform long hole boring for lamps and other vessels
The JET 1642 Wood Lathes strike a perfect balance of versatility, cutting edge technology and performance. The 1642 Lathes have been designed and built to bring the accuracy, capability, durability and value you want in woodworking machinery. Find out all about these Lathes in their informative ProTalk Document (PDF).
|Manufacturer Part Number||708359|
|Speed Range||50 - 3200 RPM|
- Model Number: JWL-1642EVS
- Height: 28"
- Width: 29"
- Length: 59"
- Net Weight: 410 lbs
- Swing Over Bed: 16"
- Swing Over Tool Rest Base: 12"
- Distance Between Centers: 42"
- Headstock Taper: MT-2
- Spindle Nose: 1-1/4" x 8 TPI
- Hole Through Tailstock: 3/8"
- Ram Travel: 4"
- Centerline of Spindle to Floor: 44-1/2"
- Headstock Movement: Slide
- Indexing Positions: 36
- Chuck Type: Cast Iron
- Bed Construction: Cast Iron
- Spindle Speeds: Infinite
- Motor Voltage: 115 V
- Prewired Voltage: 115 V
- Motor Current: 4.6 A
- Motor Phase: 3 Ph
2 Review(s)View All
I have had this lathe for...Posted August 23, 2008
Recently purchased this lathe for Segmented...Posted May 28, 2008