This, the largest of the JET lathes is a real powerhouse. With an electronic variable speed and sliding head you can turn bowls up to 16" over the bed, even larger projects off the end, and 42" spindles standard. Turn even longer projects with the optional bed extension.
- Digital readout allows operator to dial in the desired speed for best results
- Heavy-duty cast-iron lathe bed adds stability while limiting vibration during operation
- Electronic inverter lets you operate the machine at any speed from 50 to 3,200 RPM
- Indexing mechanism which allows for fast, efficient, fluting and veining operations
- Sliding headstock may be positioned anywhere along the bed ways for maximum flexibility and user comfort
- High/low speed change lever quickly changes belt positions
- Spindle has positive locking indexing in 10 degree increments for fast, efficient fluting and veining operations
- Built-in spindle locks let you remove or replace faceplates and chucks with ease
- Live center has a removable pin for boring through stock
- Cam-lock mechanisms allow adjustments of headstock, tailstock and tool rest base without having to use tools
- Hollow tailstock allows you to perform long hole boring for lamps and other vessels
- Special cast-in webbings in legs accept 2 x 4's or a 2 x 12 to construct a solid tool or sandbag shelf
- Tool storage basket conveniently holds chisels and other tools within easy reach of operator
The JET 1642 Wood Lathes strike a perfect balance of versatility, cutting edge technology and performance. The 1642 Lathes have been designed and built to bring the accuracy, capability, durability and value you want in woodworking machinery. Find out all about these Lathes in their informative ProTalk Document (PDF).
- Model Number: JWL-1642EVS-2
- Brand: Jet
- Height: 27-1/2"
- Width: 28-1/2"
- Length: 58-1/2"
- Net Weight: 456 lbs
- Swing Over Bed: 16"
- Swing Over Tool Rest Base: 12"
- Distance Between Centers: 42"
- Speeds: 50-1200, 125-3200 RPM
- Headstock Taper: MT-2
- Spindle Nose: 1-1/4" x 8 TPI
- Hole Through Tailstock: 3/8"
- Ram Travel: 4"
- Centerline of Spindle to Floor: 44-1/2"
- Headstock Movement: Slide
- Indexing Positions: 36
- Chuck Type: Cast Iron
- Bed Construction: Cast Iron
- Spindle Speeds: Infinite
- Motor Power: 2 HP
- Motor Voltage: 230 V
- Prewired Voltage: 230 V
- Motor Current: 6.1 A
- Motor Phase: 1 Ph
|Manufacturer Part Number||708360|
|Speed Range||50 - 3200 RPM|