Sand panels up to 36'' wide in just two easy passes with the Jet JWDS-1836 Drum Sander. The 1.75 horsepower motor delivers plenty of power to handle most any sanding task. One pass will sand a panel up to 18'' wide—two passes takes care of a 36'' panel. Simple tool-free knobs let you adjust the drum parallel to the table to eliminate crowning and unsightly lines in the middle of panels that are over 18'' wide. Variable-speed dial lets you choose the optimal feed rate for a wide range of projects and wood species. Sandsmart technology continuously monitors the load on the drum motor and adjusts the feed rate to prevent overload. The mirrored design of the dust hood optimizes dust flow. Try the Jet Drum Sander today to achieve effortless, professional-quality surfaces.
- Sandsmart technology continuously monitors drum load and adjusts conveyor speed accordingly
- Parallelism of conveyor and drum is easily adjusted by turning a dial—no tools required
- Stop on parallelism adjustment dial quickly returnss conveyor bed to flat position
- Dust hood channel mirrors the shape of the drum to direct chips and dust to the port
- Precision-machined extruded aluminum drum is designed to dissipate heat and minimize burning
- Precision-flattened reinforced steel conveyor bed
- Redesigned conveyor system pulls the workpiece through the sander instead of pushing
- One rotation of the top-mounted handwheel adjusts the drum height by 1/16''
- Relative depth scale on handwheel lets the user reset and measure the depth for every project
- Infinitely variable speed control of up to 10 feet per minute allows optimal feed rate
- Tool-free abrasive take-up clips make abrasive changes quick and easy
- Snipe is virtually eliminated thanks to the adjustable tension rollers that apply downward pressure on the workpiece
- Separate feed and drum motors provide independent control of conveyor and drum speed
- Conveyor belt TRACKERS reduce the need for manual belt adjustments
- Conveniently located controls
- Stand has wide 20'' x 37'' footprint for stability, a storage shelf and pre-drilled holes for casters
- Drum is easily removable and utilizes sealed and permanently lubricated ball bearings for longer life!