- Katalox (Mexican Ebony): Swartzia cubensis.
- Native to: Southern Mexico and Central and South America.
- Hardness: Extremely hard; about three times as hard as white oak.
- Grain/Texture: Very small pores and fine texture. Natural luster.
- Rot Resistance: High resistance to decay and termites.
- Workability: Difficult to work because of high density.
- Moderate to highblunting effect on cutters.
- Gluing can be difficult because of high density andnatural oils.
- Odor: Slight
1 Review(s)View All
Nice, but buy morePosted January 24, 2015