- Quickly and easily connects to most hand-held circular saws.
- Reversible guide arm allows you to use it either right- or left-handed.
- Includes easy-to-read adjustable scale that can be zeroed to your blade.
- Fence moves with the saw, providing support through the entire length of the cut.
- Rips 4' x 8' plywood in two.
|Manufacturer Part Number||KMA2675|
Great Idea, but cheap and plasticky execution.Posted March 1, 2014
This tool consists of three main components:
(1)a well-marked 24" aluminum straight edge which determines the width of the rip cut.
(2) A Plastic alignment/reference/guide piece/plate (blue) which is secured into the straight edge with machine screws screwed into steel nuts which sit in molded hex recesses. The fact that those nuts just sit in molded recesses makes them cheaper to make, but prone to stripping out their recess, but also makes them easy to replace. You can of course glue them in there as well. The guide works well. There is no real reason for this piece not to be plastic, but it would feel much higher quality if those nuts were molded in.
(3) The plastic baseplate. This is my primary qualm with the tool. It works well, but feels flimsy and comes loose relatively easily. If you are hard on tools, you will break this. It works fine in a shop, I would not trust it on a construction site.
I leave the baseplate assembled on a 7 1/4" circ saw. It is not hard to align and secure the blue plastic base to the circ saw baseplate, but it is enough of a hassle that I wouldn't use it if I had to do it every time. Basically, I have re-purposed my plug-in circ saw as a plywood cutter.
The cam-tensioner on top works well for securing the base to the straight edge, but again, it is very plasticky.
The big red plastic triangle works very well and is an upgrade over the notch in my existing circ saw baseplates.
The bottom line for me is that this tool works and is worth the $. If they made an upgraded version with an all metal circ saw baseplate I would happily pay double or triple the price and would buy one tomorrow.