Application and Storage:
- Wax must be removed prior to finishing.
- Add 250g of Liberon shellac flakes to 1 liter of methylated spirits and allow the shellac flakes to soak for a minimum of 24 hours or until all the shellac flakes have dissolved.
- Stir or shake occasionally to help the shellac flakes to dissolve more easily.
- More shellac flakes or methylated spirits may be added to adjust the strength according to your preference.
- Store in a cool, dry place.
- Should You Use Shellac or Wood Conditioner Before Staining Softwoods with Oil-Based Stains
- How to Keep Bark on Your Wood Projects with Glue, Shellac and Wood Choice
- Shellac Production Affected by Shifting Climates Changing Finishing Trends
- Ian Kirby Woodworking Design: Wood Finishing with Shellac and Beeswax