- Support any size lid by simply adding more hinges.
- Safe for toy box lids and perfect for cedar chests.
- Unique torsion mechanism holds lid in any position.
- Hinges can be installed for both overlay and flush fitting lids.
- Torsion mechanism is tested to 25,000 cycles to assure a long working life.
- For ultra-fast and easy installation, use our Torsion Hinge JIG IT® (sold separately).
How many hinges do you need? Use the Torsion Calculator to help determine your ideal hinge combination. For best results, choose a combination of hinges that provides as close to your lid's required support as possible. A simple formula can also be used to determine suggested hinge combinations: (Lid Depth x Lid Weight in Pounds) / 2 = Suggested Inch-Pounds of Support. As an example, if the formula returns a value of 125 inch-pounds, suggest using two 60 inch-pound hinges. If three or more hinges are required, the support capacity of the outside hinges must be the same. It is also suggested that hinge configuration is symmetrical.
- Step 1: Attach hinge to lid with 3/4" screws (included). For the lid to be flush with the back of the box, the top of the hinge should be 1-9/16'' from the back edge of the lid. To create an overlay, increase the 1-9/16'' dimension by the desired amount of overhang. NOTE: Our Lid-Stay Torsion Hinge JIG IT (#23625, sold separately) lets you attach the hinge to the lid in seconds, and requires no measuring. Ideal for both flush and overlay applications.
- Step 2: With all hinges attached to the lid, position the lid on the back of the box. Complete the installation using 1'' and 3/4'' screws.
42 Review(s)View All
This is a Great HingePosted October 9, 2014
Couldn't Be HappierPosted April 25, 2014
Have built numerous cedar chests with...Posted January 17, 2013