- Support any size lid by simply adding more hinges.
- Safe for toy box lids and perfect for cedar chests.
- Unique torsion mechanism holds lid in any position.
- Hinges can be installed for both overlay and flush fitting lids.
- Torsion mechanism is tested to 25,000 cycles to assure a long working life.
- For ultra-fast and easy installation, use our Torsion Hinge JIG IT® (sold separately).
How many hinges do you need? Use the Torsion Calculator to help determine your ideal hinge combination. For best results, choose a combination of hinges that provides as close to your lid's required support as possible. A simple formula can also be used to determine suggested hinge combinations: (Lid Depth x Lid Weight in Pounds) / 2 = Suggested Inch-Pounds of Support. As an example, if the formula returns a value of 125 inch-pounds, suggest using two 60 inch-pound hinges. If three or more hinges are required, the support capacity of the outside hinges must be the same. It is also suggested that hinge configuration is symmetrical.
- Step 1: Attach hinge to lid with 3/4" screws (included). For the lid to be flush with the back of the box, the top of the hinge should be 1-9/16'' from the back edge of the lid. To create an overlay, increase the 1-9/16'' dimension by the desired amount of overhang. NOTE: Our Lid-Stay Torsion Hinge JIG IT (#23625, sold separately) lets you attach the hinge to the lid in seconds, and requires no measuring. Ideal for both flush and overlay applications.
- Step 2: With all hinges attached to the lid, position the lid on the back of the box. Complete the installation using 1'' and 3/4'' screws.
|Finish||Nickel, Satin Nickel|
44 Review(s)View All
Very heavy and amazingly Strong, and Easy to installPosted November 25, 2014
This time I decided I'm going to try out the Rockler Lid-Stay Torsion Hinge Lid Support. Not only did I save time not having to install additional hardware but the safety factor that is build into these is incredible. Just remember not to under size go with the chart for the size and weight of the lid to match the hinges. I will use them again.
ExcellentPosted November 11, 2014
This is a Great HingePosted October 9, 2014