This is a fantastic tung-oil-based marine-grade varnish, suitable for both outdoor and indoor use. Provides excellent protection from weathering and the elements, including UV rays and salt water. Ideal for boats, outdoor furniture, exterior doors, sills and more. Superior to polyurethane because it is flexible enough to expand with the wood, resists cracking and peeling, and adheres well to oily woods like teak and mahogany. Flows on freely for easy brushing. Not suitable for continuous submersion.
- For use on bare, stained or previously varnished wood.
- Dries to the touch in 6 hours, recoat in 24 hours.
- Apply only when air temperatures are 50°-90°F during application and drying.
- Avoid application in direct sunlight or when rain is threatening.
- Coverage: 1 quart = 75-100 sq. ft.
- Coverage: 1 gallon = 300-400 sq. ft.
- Do not thin.
- Cleans up with mineral spirits.
Please note that this item can be shipped only by UPS Ground to addresses within the continental United States.
2 Review(s)View All
I mixed it in equal parts...Posted June 4, 2008
My #1 choice for finishing.Posted February 19, 2008