This is a fantastic tung-oil-based marine-grade varnish, suitable for both outdoor and indoor use. Provides excellent protection from weathering and the elements, including UV rays and salt water. Ideal for boats, outdoor furniture, exterior doors, sills and more. Superior to polyurethane because it is flexible enough to expand with the wood, resists cracking and peeling, and adheres well to oily woods like teak and mahogany. Flows on freely for easy brushing. Not suitable for continuous submersion.
- For use on bare, stained or previously varnished wood.
- Dries to the touch in 6 hours, recoat in 24 hours.
- Apply only when air temperatures are 50°-90°F during application and drying.
- Avoid application in direct sunlight or when rain is threatening.
- Coverage: 1 quart = 75-100 sq. ft.
- Coverage: 1 gallon = 300-400 sq. ft.
- Do not thin.
- Cleans up with mineral spirits.
Please note that this item can be shipped only by UPS Ground to addresses within the continental United States.
- How to Prevent Varnish and Finish from Drying out Using Soda Bottles
- How to Use Baby Oil to Remove Oil-Based Polyurethane Varnish Wood Finish
- How to Determine if Wood Finish, Varnish, and Oils Have Expired and Extend or Dispose of Them
- How to Get a Shiny Finish with Lacquer, Shellac, Varnish or Polyurethane
- What Are the Dangers of Formaldehyde in Varnish and Lacquer Wood Finishes
- How Are Paint and Varnish Cans Different and How to Secure Them Properly
- Can You Use Wipe-on Varnish over Oil-based or Water-based Stains or Both
- What is Table Top Varnish?
|Coverage||300-400 sq ft|
|Dry Time||24 hrs|
2 Review(s)View All
I mixed it in equal parts...Posted June 4, 2008
My #1 choice for finishing.Posted February 19, 2008