Marblewood's high contrast is very similar in appearance to Zebrawood, but with a slightly finer texture. It is dense and heavy, but with sharp tools, you will be rewarded with stunning wavy figure that gets even more intricate as you turn it on the lathe.
- Heartwood is yellow to brown with darker brown or black streaks
- Sapwood is paler and lacks contrasting streaks
- Grain is straight to slightly interlocking
- Very durable in resisting decay
- Dense—use sharp tools
- Glues, turns and finishes well