The Murphy Door replaces your old door or passageway with an attractive "bi-fold bookcase" that glides smoothly out of the way with a light tug on one of the center pilasters. It's an excellent way to utilize unused space for display or storage, and it neatly hides unattractive rooms, such as laundry rooms, closets and pantries. It's also a fun way to create a "secret room" in a child's bedroom or playroom. The rugged hardware can support over 300 lbs, yet because of its unique design, everything remains in place when the door is opened. If you can build a set of book shelves or you know someone who can, you can build a Murphy Door-the amazing bi-fold Hide-a-Door. Wooden Bookshelf Not Included, Hardware Only. Made in USA.
Note: If this item is shipped to a P.O. Box there will be an additional $11.00 freight charge. This will be charged to your order internally when your order is processed.
- All hardware included. Wooden shelving unit not included.
- Free installation manual available with 3D CAD drawings, materials lists etc.
- Hardware is universal so that you can use it on either a 4', 5', or 6' door.
- Because hardware mounts on the outside of the door frame no special cutting is required.
- You can put a 6' door over a 30" opening as long as there is space enough to put the door over the opening (at least 4" on both sides of the opening plus the size of the door).
- Once the shelves are built, the hardware takes only an hour to install.
- Any 3/4" material will work for the shelves, and weight is never an issue, since The Murphy Door can hold over 300lbs in addition to the weight of the door.
- Hardware is Guaranteed for Life.
- Made with pride in the USA.
|Manufacturer Part Number||MD-121|
(1) Full set of Murphy Door Hardware