The Nova 57073 Outrigger Accessory is for use with the Nova DVR 2024 lathe only (49055, sold separately). With the outrigger installed, you'll get rock steady chisel support when turning in the outboard mode, allowing you to turn blanks up to 33" in diameter. Just swing it out to the desired position and lock it into place with the convenient levers. The articulating arm has three points of adjustment, making it easy to get the best support for your specific turning. The outrigger is made from solid cast iron for optimum strength, stability, and vibration-free performance. Note: Tool rest is not included (the outrigger accepts the same tool rest that comes with the 2024 lathe).
- Fits Nova DVR 2024 lathe only (49055, sold separately).
- Handles work up to 33" in diameter.
- Space saving - does not add to lathe footprint.
- Very quick and easy to swing into place, giving extra capacity
- The unit is easily bolted in place at the end of the headstock bed casting.
- Requires no more space than the lathe itself, since the unit is designed to be used at the front of the lathe.
- Three points of adjustment: it swings along a wide arc, the toolrest post can be locked along the length of the arm, and the tool rest (not included, but included with the 2024 lathe) can be adjusted for height.
- Accepts tool rests with 1" shank.