The Comet II is at home as the primary or secondary lathe in a multi-functional workshop and is ideal for those who travel a lot for their hobby or who teach/demonstrate frequently. Its electronic variable speed motor offers a wide RPM range from 250 to 4000 RPM - perfect for a variety of projects from pens to bowls. The forward and reverse switch offers additional flexibility and allows you to achieve a superior finish. In addition, Nova's unique Versaturn™ Adaptable Technology, paired with the optional accessory attachments, transforms the lathe into an all-in-one wood turning and woodworking system.
Features of the Nova Comet II:
- Electronic variable speed motor offers a wide RPM range from 250 to 4000 RPM - perfect for a variety of projects from pens to bowls.
- Forward and reverse switch offers additional flexibility and allows you to achieve a superior finish.
- 12" Swing capacity over bed and 16.5" between centers, extendable to 42"/1066mm with accessory Bed Extension (44435, sold separately).
- 3-Step pulley system offers different speed ranges while providing maximum flexibility. The middle step usually provides enough range for most wood turning applications.However, the additional 2 steps provide more torque for more demanding applications.
- Versaturn® Adaptable Technology accessories allow you to use your Nova Comet II as a grinding wheel, wire brush, sanding disc, belt sander or wet stone.
- Quality materials - solid cast iron throughout.
- Rugged 2MT spindles.
- Lathe accessories are common between Nova models, so you can still use your accessories if you choose to upgrade your Nova lathe.
- Precision Machining.
- Optional Bed Extension (44435, sold separately) lets you make your lathe as long as needed without permanently occupying workshop space.
- Quick-action cam controls adjust quickly and precisely to your requirements.
|Manufacturer Part Number||46300|
- Inboard bowl turning capacity: 12"/300mm
- Distance between centers: 16.5"/419mm
- Motor: 3/4HP, 120v single phase
- Variable speed range: 250 - 4000rpm
- Spindle thread: 1" x 8 TPI RH
- Tailstock: 2MT hollow, quill travel 1.6"/40.60mm
(1) 3"/80mm faceplate
(1) 6"/152mm toolrest
(1) 2MT live center
(1) 2MT spur center
(1) Hand wheel
(1) Knock out bar
(1) Manual and fastenings
Customer Reviews1 Review(s)
Fantastic purchasePosted November 30, 2013
The variable speed works quite well and after several hours of operation neither the speed controller nor motor were at all hot. The thing is whisper quiet and super smooth at all speeds so far. The belt cover is plastic but well secured and free of rattles. It has a spindle lock which makes chuck adjustments or headstock changes nice and easy. My tail stock was perfectly aligned from the factory but it's adjustable if required. Both have #2 MT. There is a momentary delay on the soft start but shutdown is fast. So far I've made 2 pens, and turned some miscellaneous handles, all were very easy and the lathe performed well.
Overall I'm very happy with the purchase.