The Nova Precision Midi Direct Thread Chuck is the smallest chuck in the Nova lineup—ideal for lathes with up to a 12" swing over the bed. Its small size minimizes the load on small spindles and bearings, yet is extremely accurate, and built to the same exacting standards as the SuperNova 2 and Titan Chucks. It also accepts the same accessory jaws as other Nova chucks. Features auto jaw stop, anti-seize copper composite jaw slides, Safe-Lock™ Woodworm Screw and 50mm Jaws as standard. Quick two-handled operation makes it ideal for fast production turning of smaller pieces.
- Recommended for power work holding on lathes up to 300mm/12" diameter swing.
- Up to 350mm/14" diameter bowls using 50mm/2" Jaws (supplied with chuck)
- Up to 50mm/2" length spigots (using 50mm/2" Jaws (supplied with chuck)
- Full packaged weight is (std) 1.3 kgs/3 lbs.
- Body size 85mm/3.35".
- Cannot be used with adapters/inserts.
Features of Nova Precision Midi Chuck:
- Small, compact design minimizes load on small spindles and bearings.
- 2-Lever operation offers very fast action—ideal for production turning of small pieces.
- Made from precision machined 1045 high tensile steel.
- Able to take all Nova accessory jaws. However, please note: the larger accessory jaws in the Nova line are not recommended for use on the Precision Midi Chuck. For more information, see the offers for individual jaw sets.
Features standard on all Nova chucks:
- All Nova chucks are four-jaw, self-centering scroll chucks for fast, secure setups.
- The four jaw design firmly grips both round and square wood.
- Quality materials.
- Precision machined in one operation from a solid steel block for optimal accuracy.
- Polished self-metal finish to allow for closer tolerances and accuracy.
- Jaw slides made from high-tech copper fused steel for maximum hardness, wear, and self-lubricating properties.
- Special woodturning dovetail profile on jaws.
- Auto safety stop feature—jaw slides can't protrude past the chuck body.
- Comprehensive instructions.
- Safe Lock™ Woodworm screw included for fast mounting of rough timbers.
- 2-Year Warranty.
|Manufacturer Part Number||48111|
(1) Set of 50mm/2" Jaws
(1) Safe Lock™ Woodworm Screw
(1) Instruction manual
(1) Display/storage box
1 Review(s)View All
Great ChuckPosted November 6, 2014