Allows you to mount a wide variety of turning blanks simply by drilling a 5/16" hole. Just mount the Woodworm Screw in your lathe and thread the blank onto the screw. The screw has a deep thread that is machined right to the end, allowing an easy lead into the wood. The depth of the thread and core size means that even larger wood blanks can be mounted. The screw has a square shank for a positive grip once in the chuck. All this adds up to a screw with a very powerful gripping action.
- Comes standard with most Nova chucks.
- Quick and easy method to mount unformed small bowl blanks.
- Provides a secure mounting to form the outside of bowls.
- The screw is 23mm (15/16") long, with blades 2mm deep, and the core size is 7mm.
- 10.5mm thread requires a hole about 8mm (5/16") in diameter.
- The screw has considerable holding power and it is sometimes difficult to unscrew, so wax or oil the thread before mounting your blank.