- Nylon can be turned to shape using standard tools. They can be turned, sawn, drilled or tapped.
- Because they are made of nylon, they hold most woods without marking.
- Vibrant red color makes it easy to see profiles. By machining the profile after mounting, you can eliminate any errors that may have added up from mounting the jaws to the chuck, then to the spindle.
- Maximum contact with workpiece. Near full diameter contact is achievable, since you can turn out to the exact diameter required.
- Thick jaw body lets user profile any shape they wish, limited only by the fastening heads, which are embedded 22.5mm from the face of the jaws.
- Outer ring diameter when closed: 120mm (4.7").
- Thickness: 27mm (1").
Tips for customizing the soft jaws:
- It is recommended to use a scraper that is about 1/2" wide, with an end that is 90° to the side of the scraper. It will cut on both sides and on the end.
- Recommended bevel angle is about 70 degrees.
- When scraping nylon, the tool rest must be as close to the work as possible and you must always use a light touch.
- Run your lathe at a speed between 1700 and 2000 rpm for best cutting.
- You must take extra care when machining the jaws so as not to hit to hit the screw heads.
Features standard on all Nova Jaws:
- Nova chucks give you the same jaw fixing system and same insert/adaptor system across all chuck models.
- All accessory jaws in the range will fit all the chucks in the range for optimum flexibility. Some, however, are not recommended. See individual jaws for recommendations.
- Nova chucks are specially designed so the jaws cut into the wood, grip firmly in the contraction mode and provide high tear out strength.
|Manufacturer Part Number||6021|