When the time comes to finish off the bottom side of your bowl, this adapter helps you quickly flip and rechuck the bowl without the fussy alignment/truing process. Simply remove your Nova chuck with the bowl still mounted in it, and using the Nova Tailstock Chuck Adapter, install both onto the tailstock Live Center System (44550, sold separately). Slide the tailstock up to the headstock and rechuck the bowl onto the headstock with your preferred method (Longworth chuck, vacuum chuck, Cole jaws etc). The bowl will be perfectly centered, and ready for the finishing touches.
- Allows for perfect alignment when remounting work to turn the bottom side, saving you the time and material normally wasted in truing the workpiece up.
- Ensures the most accurate remounting of projects.
- Use with the Nova Live Center System (44550, sold separately) - or use alone as a dead center.
- In live mode, the Tailstock Chuck Adapter can be used to support work with a chuck e.g. in conjunction with vacuum chucking.
- #2 morse taper fits all Nova chucks and Nova lathe tailstocks.
- Made from medium tensile carbon K1045 steel to provide maximum structural strength.
- 1-1/4" 8-TPI RH thread (USA, Canada, Australasia and the UK).
- 2 year warranty