- As a liquid hide glue, Old Brown Glue is perfect for projects with long assembly times, such as chairs and cabinets.
- You can expect about 15 to as much as 45 minutes of working time with this glue, depending on the temperature of your shop, or the warmth of the wood you are gluing.
- Old Brown Glue is easy to clean up - just use cold water.
- Old Brown Glue also works very well for veneering.
- Made from high quality hide and bone glue modified with common urea.
- Transparent to oils, alcohols and organic solvents used in wood finishing, so there is no risk of glue spots spoiling your final finish.
- Viscosity is a function of temperature, and ranges from rather thick above 75°F, to very runny at higher temperatures.
- Glue viscosity is best above 120°F.
- Do not dilute or heat above 160°F.
- Apply to clean and dry surfaces and apply pressure for at least 12 hours.
- Complete bond is reached after 24 hours.
- Old Brown Glue has a normal shelf life of one year stored at room temperature, longer if refrigerated.
- The gel point for this modified animal protein glue/liquid hide glue is about 75°F.