The Stronghold chuck is the largest chuck in the Oneway family, designed for lathes with a 16" swing or greater. It weighs approximately 8 lbs (fully assembled with the No. 2 Jaws). It is considerably heavier than the Talon Chuck (3.5 lbs) or Oneway Chuck (4.5 lbs) which makes it perfect for large turnings.
Capacities of the Stronghold chuck with standard #2 Jaws (included):
- External (compression): Min - 1-3/4" Max - 3-1/4"
- Internal (expansion): Min - 2-3/8" Max - 4"
Capacities of the Stronghold chuck with Spigot Jaws #38441:
- External (compression): Min - 3/8" Max - 2"
- Internal (expansion): Min - 1-1/8" Max - 2-5/8"
Capacities of the Stronghold chuck with #3 Jaws #37815:
- External (compression): Min - 3-7/8" Max - 5-1/4"
- Internal (expansion): Min - 4-1/2" Max - 6"
Capacities of the Stronghold chuck with Jumbo Jaws #31246:
- External (compression): Min - 2-3/4" Max - 11"
- Internal (expansion): Min - 4-3/4" Max - 12"
Capacities of the Stronghold chuck with Mega-Jumbo Jaws #31662:
- External (compression): Min - 1-3/4" Max - 14"
- Internal (expansion): Min - 4-3/4" Max - 15"
What makes the stronghold a superior chuck?
- Precision machined body
- Carbon steel base jaws
- Precision grinding on the sides provides for the exact clearances required for wood turning chucks
- Base jaws are case hardened which makes them longer lasting, stronger, and non-seizing
- Scroll is precision machined and case hardened. The bore is honed to exact tolerances after heat treating
- Scroll is manganese phosphate plated which acts as an anti-seize compound. Less lubrication is required for smooth running action
- Electroless nickel plating provides a hard wearing surface for base jaws and scroll while providing excellent corrosion resistance.
Add these quality materials and precision manufacturing to features such as:
- 4-Jaw scroll chuck
- Profiled top jaws
- Patented safety feature allowing maximum travel
- Key operation allowing one handed tightening and solid holding power
- Superior taperlock adaptor
- And its one-of-a-kind woodworm screw
- Equals an absolutely superior chuck!
Note: If your lathe has less than a 16" swing, the Oneway Talon Chuck (20761) is recommended. Stronghold Chuck jaws are NOT compatible with either the original Oneway Chuck or the Talon Chuck.
|Manufacturer Part Number||2137|
3 Review(s)View All
I have two of the Stronghold...Posted April 20, 2009
A very well engineered solid product....Posted November 7, 2008
I have truly enjoyed this chuck....Posted April 29, 2008