After all the careful work of turning, the worst possible thing is to have something go wrong during assembly. The Pen Press/Drilling Jig prevents this from happening in two ways. It ensures a straight hole to accept your mechanism without binding, and it pushes everything together with steady, parallel clamping action. The result is a smooth operating pen, every time.
- Includes 3 replaceable sacrificial wood blanks for the exit hole in drilling operations.
- Extruded aluminum base provides space for a shop made drawer.
- Feet are pre-drilled for mounting to an auxiliary base.
- Cast aluminum jaws are notched for vertical drilling and countersunk for horizontal pen pressing.
- Self-centering jaws allow for repeatable drilling of various pen blank sizes.
- Centered countersink in the jaws allows precise pen pressing without bowing and misalignment.
- Clamping wheel provides slow, controlled pressure when pressing your pen or clamping your pen blank.